Sore Pawz is owned and run by Nitya Adams. I started Sore Pawz because my own dog and team member Teddy Bear was presenting with lameness in his front right limb. I took him to the Vet but Teddy could not show us the injured area under investigation. This sparked my interest in trying to find out what was going wrong.
Certified in Canine Remedial Massage Therapy in partnership with the Australian Canine Rehabilitation Association (ACRA) I have a passion for Canine Rebab therapy and look forward to meeting your fur baby for treatment.
Benefits of Canine Massage
· Increased relaxation through activation of the sympathetic nervous system- this can reduce anxiety.
· Improved circulation- assisting in removal of waste products and assisting healing.
· Reducing muscle tension that causes pain.
· Addressing compensatory muscle tightness and soreness through altered postures following injury or surgery.
· Improved muscle length leading to improved joint range of motion.
· Accelerated recovery following exercise.
· Scar re-education following injury or surgery.
· Maintaining and prolonging mobility in senior pets through ease of motion and reduction in pain.
· Helping the owner connect with their dog.
We love caring and connecting with animals and creating everlasting relationships. We provide care for your fur baby as if they were our own, and ensure that they receive the highest quality care and treatment plans.
Your first session involves receiving a history and treatment approval from your Vet. Your dogo will receive a full gait assessment and massage. It may also include take home care plan.
Home treatments are ideal as there are minimal distractions and more relaxed in the home environment.
· Arthritis- improves ease of joint movement and reduces secondary muscle compensatory soreness
· Elbow dysplasia- reduces tension and soreness in muscles in close proximity
· Hip dysplasia- reduces tension and soreness in muscles in close proximity
· Neck and back pain- reduces muscle spasm and pain
· Spondylosis- improve spinal mobility through reduction in muscle tension
· Limb amputation- ease compensatory muscle soreness
· Senior pets with generalised stiffness and soreness
· IVDD- surgical or conservative management- management of compensatory muscle tension in non–affected limbs, and maintain circulation in affected limbs
· Wobblers- management of compensatory muscle tension and soreness in the cervical spine
· Degenerative neurological conditions- management of compensatory muscle tension and soreness and increasing circulation to affected limbs
We operate on veterinary referral only. Please ring or message me to discuss your case.
We operate on veterinary referral only. This is to ensure every pet has had a vet assessment and approval for treatment prior. We will send a report to you after the initial visit, and regular progress reports. Please email the medical history to firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome a call 0449 708 136 or email from you to discuss each individual pet’s needs.
We love caring for pets and providing outstanding therapy solutions to improved our pet's quality of life!
Call for a meet and greet or to make any pet services appointment. If you have a special request, send us a message and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.